I’ve been baking this pie in my mind for two days. I had two big leeks, and 4 pears that were getting too ripe so I decided of course I will make a pie with leeks, pear, eggs, and brie cheese!!! Have I ever made a pie savory or otherwise? Nope sure haven’t! Did I use a recipe? Nope sure didn’t! I am beyond excited because it came out just as I imagined it in my mind! This is Cooking With Intuition at it’s finest!!! And so here is my recipe for the worlds simplest most delectable savory pie:
- I used a simple frozen pie crust because time was short.
- Chop and cook 2 large leeks in butter with salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop 4 pears
- Slice a good amount of brie cheese (with the skin).
- Whisk 5 eggs and a dash of half and half or milk, salt and pepper for flavor.
- Toss leaks and pears into the partially pre-baked crust.
-Top with brie cheese slices evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly overtop.
-Bake for 30-40 mins on 400!
BAM!!! Viola! Pie ala heaven!!!!